Act for Violation of the Guidelines
NBDC Guidelines for Human Data Sharing clearly disclose the data user who handles Controlled Access Data in violation of the NBDC Human Data Sharing Guidelines etc., or leaks data etc. in using data intentionally or with negligence, the NBDC shall take one or more further actions such as rescinding permission for data use, reporting the fact to the head of the organization to which the data user belongs, and announcing the fact on the website, etc..
[Action to no procedure after data use deadline]
The guidelines also stipulate that the data user shall delete all data obtained from the NBDC Human Database (…) in accordance with the NBDC Security Guidelines (…) and report on the use (and deletion) of the data, using "Report on the Use (and Deletion) of Controlled-access data".
If a report is not submitted at the end of data use, the following actions shall be taken by NBDC.
- The system will send e-mail alerts every 30 days to 180 days up to 6 times after the end of data use. (The email after 180 days will be sent also to the head of the organization.)
- Data use shall be restricted not to download data and add set data, etc, in 180 days after the end of data use.
- The fact shall be shared with data submitter about the data user who has been restricted.
- If data user does not respond after 180 days, the NBDC Secretariat shall send a reminder email directly.
- In case of no response after all, the NBDC Secretariat shall send an email to the head of the organization or the research collaborators requesting to act on behalf of NBDC.